1) Importing via a CSV file (Similar to an Excel file)
Look for the pink arrow on the left as shown in the screenshot below
Click the 'Example CSV file' to download the correct format for your import.
Your example CSV file will contains these values:
- The origin URL is your original URL from the old site.
- This column will not include your domain name, only the page name that comes after your domain name
- This is the full URL and page name on Limecube (your new website)
- Please make sure this is the same or similar type of page as the origin URL.
Once you have finished filling out the CSV file:
- Click the folder icon and select your CSV file
- Click the 'Import' button
- The result you should see is all the URLs added to this page.
You can do as many imports as you like, if there are any duplicates the tool will not import that record.
VERY IMPORTANT: There are 2 things you should check after adding redirects:
- That your site is still functioning. While it is rare, there is still a risk if your old page URLs have strange characters in them that it could break the site. If this does occur, look for URLs that have unusual characters in them and delete these and check your site again till you locate the URL that has caused the problem.
- Check each URL to make sure it is redirecting to the place you want. While this is not as critical as the 1st point, you also don't want to lose your valuable Google rankings.