Elements have all been built to work together on one page without any conflict.
- You can add one, or you can add many elements to a page
- You can drag elements around the page to change their position
- Most elements allow you to access previously created elements from an ‘existing list’ in each plugin for reuse on other pages.
- Edit an element - change the contents of any theme default or your own created elements.
- Delete an element - Any element that has an ‘existing list’ when deleted from a page can still be found in the elements existing list. Elements without an existing list such as content and buttons once deleted from a page will be completely deleted from the site.
Note: While you can use as many elements as you like, it is still important to consider making your page easy for users to read, as well as considering your page load speeds
. Too many unnecessary elements can detract from the real purpose of your page.
Existing lists explained
An ‘Existing list’ is a list that can be accessed for previously created elements and can be found at the base of the elements popup.
When deleting an element from a page, it can still be found in the elements existing list.
Elements without an existing list such as content and buttons once deleted from a page will be completely deleted from the site.
Completely deleting an element
If you wish to completely delete an element from the site:
- Firstly remove it from the pages the element is sitting on
- The navigate to the existing list for that element, and on the right handside of the title click the trash icon