Creating your account
To create a Stripe account, visit this link.
If you are creating an account for the first time, Stripe will generate your API keys for you automatically. These can be found either:
- On your Dashboard after login, or
- On your API keys page here.
Now you are done with this step, head down here.
Creating an extra API Key
The instructions below, are for where you already have a key in use, and need to create an extra one.
Create a restricted API key
Once you have created your Stripe account, visit the API keys page here.
A restricted API key only allows the level of access that you specify.
Test Key Creation
Firstly, make sure you are in 'Test mode', before completing any steps below.
To create a restricted API key:
- Open the API keys page.
- You can create a restricted key from scratch or start by cloning an existing restricted key.
- To create a restricted key from scratch, click Create restricted key. In this case, the default value for all permissions is None.
- To clone an existing key, in the row for the key you want to clone, click the overflow menu (), then select Duplicate key…. In this case, the default value for each permission is its value in the cloned key.
- In the Key name field, enter a name. If you cloned an existing key, the default name is the cloned key’s name.
- The only option you need to select on the table is 'Checkout Sessions'
- Click on 'Write'
- Scroll down and click Create key.
- Stripe sends a code to your phone or email address. (As with any email, it might not arrive immediately.) Get the code and enter it in the dialog. If the dialog doesn’t continue automatically, click Continue.
- The dialog displays the new key value. Copy it by clicking it.
- Save the key value. You can’t retrieve it later.
- In the Add a note field, enter the location where you saved the key and click Done.
Live Key Creation
Firstly, make sure 'Test mode' is turned off like in the screenshot below, before completing any steps below. If test mode cannot be turned off, it indicates your Stripe account has not been fully setup yet.
Follow the exact steps as provided above for generating a 'test key'.
Adding the Stripe keys into Limecube
Once you have generated your API keys, head over to your shop and place them into each of these 2 fields highlighted below.