How to generate your secure PayPal merchant ID
Firstly you need to make sure your PayPal account is a business account, not a personal account.
Go to: PayPal Developer Page. Login.
On the 'My Apps & Credentials' tab on the left Scroll down to the 'REST API apps'
- Create an app by clicking Click 'Create App'
- In the App Name, enter a name that is meaningful (it is only visible to you) and
- changing business account email is optional
- then click the Create App button
- At this stage you'll have a new screen that shows your 'SANDBOX API CREDENTIALS'
- Copy that client ID and place into the Client ID field in the PayPal element in Limecube.
- Repeat this same step for both Sandbox and Live as shown in the buttons in the screenshot above
- In your Limecube element settings, on the left of your 'Client ID' click the Sandbox / Live toggle to display and copy the client ID for each environment.
- Product on Limecube = Live on PayPal
'Live' will only work if you have a business account.
These steps you will only need to perform once to get your ID and you don't need to repeat this each time you create a new buttons on Limecube. For any new buttons, simply use these same IDs.